Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport Info to Make Traveling Easier
Houston Bush Intercontinental is one of the top five airports in the world, serving an estimated 39.8 million
passengers a year. Here are some tips to make traveling via IAH easier.
Busiest Times: Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 8:00 AM, 11:00-AM to 3:00 PM, 6:00-8:00 PM.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
TSA screening times vary, depending on departure times. Mid-day, they range from 5-20 minutes,
but you can do a same-day check of screening line times at:
Houston Intercontinental is open 24 hours, but security check lines open at 3:30 in Terminal A (South), and between 4:00 and 5:00 for the other terminals.
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
Houston Bush Intercontinental provides free WiFi in all terminal gate areas. Both trains and people movers can be used to get between terminals.
Food & Drink at Houston Bush Intercontinental:
- Need coffee before that early morning flight? You’ll find a Starbucks in every terminal, Einstein Bros. Bagels in Terminals C and E, and Fresh Gourmet Marketplace in Terminal B.
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include: