Philadelphia International Airport Info to Make Traveling Easier
Philadelphia International Airport is a major East Coast airport serving nearly 30 million travelers a year.
Here are some tips to make traveling via PHL easier.
Busiest Days: Monday mornings, Thursdays, Fridays and Sunday evenings.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
- TSA screening times vary, depending on departure times.
Mid-day, they run about 20 minutes, but you can do a same-day check of screening line times at:
Philadelphia International is open 24 hours; security checkpoints typically open 90 minutes before the first flight.
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
Philadelphia International Airport provides free WiFi in all terminals.
There's a children's play area in Terminal A-East. Free shuttle buses transport screened passengers between terminals.
Food & Drink at Philadelphia International:
- Best options for early morning coffee: Peet’s Coffee and Tea (Terminals D, E), Starbucks (Terminal B/C), and Au bon Pain (Terminals A, C, E).
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include:
- Leo’s Steak Shop, 1403 Chester Pike, Folcroft (Steakhouse, Pizza, 3.8 miles)
- Popi’s Italian Restaurant, 3120 S 20th St, Philadelphia (Italian, 3.7 miles)
- Chickie’s & Pete’s, 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia (American, Seafood, 4.0 miles).