Atlanta Airport Info to Make Travelling Easier
Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson is the world’s busiest airport, serving an estimated
96 million passengers a year, and is the world’s largest airport. Here are some
tips to make traveling via ATL easier.
Busiest Days/Times: Mondays before 9:00 AM and Fridays 3:00-5:00 pm.
Need to change concourses or terminals? The underground Plane Train is a three-mile loop connecting all concourses with the domestic and international terminals. Trains operate every two-minutes, on average.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
- TSA screening times vary, depending on departure times. Mid-day;
they range from 20-30 minutes, but you can do a same-day check of
screening line times at:
Hartsfield Jackson is open 24 hours, as is the main TSA Security
Check-Point (TSA PreCheck lines are open 5:00 AM-9:00 PM).
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
ATL offers free WiFi throughout the airport.
Food & Drink at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson:
- There are multiple places to get coffee before your early morning flight: Starbucks, Caribou,
Dunkin Donuts, and several non-chain options. Need a Chic-Fil-A before a long trip?
They're in Concourses A and C.
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include:
- Spondivits, 1219 Virginia Ave, Atlanta (American, Seafood, 3.1 miles)
- Simon’s Steak & Seafood, 3529 Main St, College Park (Steakhouse, Seafood, 2.1 miles)
- The Corner Grille, 3823 Main Street, College Park (American, Cajun & Creole, 1.6 miles)
- Urban Foodie Feed Store, 3841 E Main St, College Park (American, Southern, 1.5 miles)